Pediatric School Occupational Therapist / OT - Sparks, MD
Full-time opportunity for a licensed Occupational Therapist to work with a unique pediatric population at a private school in Sparks, MD. This private school provides comprehensive services for children with severe autism and related communication disorders.
* Private school K-8 for children with severe autism and related communication disorders.
* Monday-Friday; Hours 8-4 (planning, meetings and report-writing built into day).
* 12 month program (5 weeks off plus PTO).
* 35 kids in program with highly non-verbal and behavioral diagnoses.
* Naturalistic environment (therapist follows the lead of the child).
* OT must be passionate with high energy and drive.
* Experience in an infant/toddler or Kennedy Krieger program preferred.
* ABA and BCBA highly involved with caseload.
* Competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits plan, including 401(k), and generous Personal Time Off.
* Paid licensure, professional affiliations.
* $1,500 a year for CEUs.
* New Grad OT's will be considered.
Qualifications: Must hold a Master's Degree (or higher) in Occupational Therapy and a current state license (or be eligible for same). NBCOT certification (pass a 1-time certification test). 1-2 years of experience working with the pediatric population is preferred. Familiarity with ABA/VB strategies. Prior experience working with children with autism or developmental delays required
...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!