So you’re saying to yourself, “OK, so I am a pediatric SLP, OT, PT or School Psychologist but I am NOT looking for a job right now. Why should I subscribe to the PediaStaff Newsletter and/or blog? Isn’t PediaStaff just a staffing company?”
Well, we can understand your skepticism. Most therapy companies are just in the business of recruiting therapists and making clients where they can then go place those therapists.
PediaStaff, however goes about our business a bit differently. Sure, we would love to help you find your next pediatric or school based job — or maybe one 10 years from now. Or maybe not ever. Maybe you might refer a friend to us. But in the meantime, we want to help you grow as a professional, and stay current in your field. We are just as passionate about pediatric therapy as you are. That’s what the resources section of our website, our newsletter and our blog is about.
Here are five great reasons why you should subscribe to our blog (updated daily) or our once a week newsletter.
1) NEWS: We aggregate and filter the most important news from the world of Pediatric Therapy (SLP, OT, PT and School Psychology) and feed it to your mailbox or RSS reader – so you don’t have to! Reported stories reflect ongoing scientific research, reports from major news services, and informational pieces on disorders of childhood (including rare ones). Look to PediaStaff to bring you stories from around the USA and the world on our special kiddos, their therapists, and their diagnoses, that demonstrate how our world of pediatric therapy is presented in the mainstream press. Oh – and if you are looking for a pick-me-up, don’t miss our ‘Feel Good’ Stories of the Week that feature the accomplishments of special children and therapists that will make you smile.
2) TIPS and IDEAS: Every week our blog/newsletter features several therapy tips and resources to add to your bag of tricks and favorites toolbar;
3) ARTICLES: Every week we publish original articles contributed by dozens of clinicians specializing in pediatric therapy. Articles include case studies, treatment ideas, informational articles about specific diagnoses, research summaries, book and product reviews, and opinion pieces. We also bring you links to other excellent articles each week that we have seen elsewhere on the internet and feel are “worth repeating!” Most of our articles are directed at clinicians but we also bring you pieces to share with general education teachers and the parents of your kiddos.
4) BLOGS: We are on the lookout for the very best pediatric SLP, PT and OT bloggers and bring their best offerings to you!
4) NFPs: We have become friendly with many of the leading not-for-profit organizations specializing in our special kiddos. Fine associations like CASANA, the National Stuttering Association, the Stuttering Foundation, The International Rett Syndrome Foundation, the Sensory Processing Foundation, the Reeve Foundation, and many more communicate with us regularly send us articles to feature regularly, and make sure we know about conferences, events, discounts and important information so that you are better able to work with and evaluate your clients.
5) AND SO MUCH MORE: Each week we feature Upcoming Events, CEU Opportunities, and even requests for survey responses and study participants. Miss an issue? Every feature in our blog stays up on our website and becomes part of our resources section. We also archive the newsletters so you can see exactly what you missed.