Birth to Three Speech-Language Pathologist – SLP
|Location :||New Britain, CT|
Are you a Speech Language Pathologist ready to provide services and support to infants, toddlers, and their families? Help to ensure the development and implementation of activities that are family-centered and promote positive outcomes for persons served.
What Will You Do?
* SLP will evaluate and assess children and families to assist with and plan, develop, implement, and review curriculums and IFSPs that will meet the individual
developmental needs of young children and their families.
* Complete and maintain records in accordance with applicable regulations and as assigned.
* Performs functions of service coordinator as assigned including ensuring that Early Intervention services achieve desired outcomes for families and children served and meet the standards as established by the state’s quality assurance team.
* Communicate effectively through a family-centered philosophy, and respect for cultural diversity manner with families, staff, and community representatives.
* Comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, guidelines and best practices providing Birth to Three early intervention services.
* Participates in periodic regional, staff and team meetings with early intervention professionals.
* Assist in promoting and supporting community awareness and relationships.
* Translates documents as needed and/or requested.
* Supervise Early Intervention Associates according to CT Birth to Three Policies
How Do You Qualify?
* Masters degree from accredited college or university in related field required.
* Must possess and maintain valid Connecticut licensure or certification per CT State Birth to Three professional regulations.
* Experience in children and family services with a focus on Early Intervention preferred.
* Must have a valid United States driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.
* Must have reliable internet access, cell phone, and transportation.
* Requires License by the Department of Public Health under §20-195n C.G.S or Department of Education certificate endorsement #061.
* Ability to work flexible hours and drive/travel to varying locations as needed.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT: Must be able to sit, stand and walk at an assigned location(s) and work for extended periods of time; bend/stoop, kneel and balance frequently; climb, reach above shoulder level; push/pull, squat and crouch occasionally; with assistance, lift, carry and position individuals of various weight. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to drive for extended periods throughout the day.
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2302-15897|
Would you like to apply to this job?