Early Intervention Speech-Language Pathologist – SLP
|Location :||Anchorage, AK|
Here’s a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of therapists while enjoying all that the Last Frontier of Alaska has to offer. Seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist to work full time, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm in an Early Intervention setting with a transdisciplinary team. CFYs are welcome to apply; supervision available.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends staff and team meetings for team management, coordination, communication, in-service training, and other similar activities.
- Communicates professional knowledge and skill to team members.
- Requests and solicits information, knowledge, and skills from team members.
- Completes enrollment procedures and presents information to the team.
- Serves as the primary contact between the team and the client/family, advises team of the progress of each assigned child/family.
- Enables parents to have confidence in their ability as their child’s best teacher.
- Monitors the development and implementation of an Individualized Family Services Plan (IFSP) and maximizes parent teaching abilities by demonstrating effective interaction skills and by assisting parents in understanding their child’s developmental level.
- Reinforces follow-through of home strategies and objectives.
- Assists parents in achieving a realistic view of their role in their child’s development, as well as a realistic view of the child’s needs in the context of the family’s needs.
- Assists parents in communicating with the many agencies that provide assistance to them and their child.
- Assists parents in transition to public or private services when the child reaches age three, or when services are no longer needed.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records for each assigned client.
Qualifications: Must hold appropriate Degree in Communications Sciences Disorders and a current state license (or be eligible for same). Reliable transportation.
This position offers an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401K retirement with match, professional development, flexible personal leave and more!
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2306-17702|
Would you like to apply to this job?