Elementary School Social Worker – SSW
|Location :||Detroit, MI|
|Salary :||$37.00 - $50.00/hour|
We have a wonderful full-time opportunity in Detroit for an Elementary School Social Worker to assist students whose emotional and social problems interfere with their ability to maximize the benefit of their educational opportunities.
* Full-time positions for the school year
* Elementary school grades K-4
* You’ll conduct social work evals and behavior assessments with students
* Participate in teams to review results of evaluations and make recommendations on their eligibility for special education services and for behavior intervention plans
* Participate in IEP meetings
* Provide services based on each student’s IEP
* Collaborate with teachers and other educational professionals to help them include special education students in general education classrooms.
* Provide consultation to teachers, parents, students, and school leadership
* Provide social skills training to students
Qualifications: You’ll need to have a Masters in social work and licensure/certification with a School Social Worker endorsement or eligibility for temporary or full approval as a school social worker, along with 2+ years of experience as a school social worker.
Why contract instead of applying directly?
* We afford you more opportunities to work in different settings as you navigate the job market out of school with no stigma of short term employment on your resume
* Generous travel reimbursement and per diem housing allowances let you get a jump start on your bills
* We offer clinical support in addition to supervision at the school level…so an extra set of eyes and ears to assist you through your first year
* We can fast track your application to the hiring managers and help you get interviewed quickly
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2301-14976|