Feeding Specialist Speech-Language Pathologist-SLP
|Location :||Round Rock, TX|
*SIGN ON BONUS* Are you a Speech-Language Pathologist with your CCC and do you have at least two years of experience in pediatric feeding? Our client seeks a new team member to take a supervisory role as the team lead of the feeding program in Austin, TX. This is a well-established pediatric home health provider in the state of Texas. You’ll reap the rewards of conscientious management, dedicated therapists, experts in the field of relationships and referrals and outstanding pay and benefits! You will serve Round Rock and the surrounding area.
Our ideal candidate:
*Can expect to work full time from the beginning. You’ll earn a stipend for the first few months on the job to ensure steady and reliable income as caseloads are established
*Should have experience in pediatric feeding. Training with NMES and Vital Stim are highly preferred
*Wants to be a part of a team and has the interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with fellow therapists to successfully treat the kids in your care
*Has experience in one or more pediatric settings
*Has reliable and available transportation
*Enjoys a leadership role and will be able to manage multiple tasks
As a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist you will:
* Usually visit patients and perform therapy in private homes
* Complete patient evaluations and develop treatment plans in accordance with your findings
* Work with the patient and their family as well as other members of their health care team to carry out the therapy plan
* Report pertinent observations and reactions regarding changes in patient status in medical records and to team members where appropriate
* Supervise assistants as needed
* Meet with team members, medical staff and families for patient care conferences and comply with agency policies and procedures
* Participate in staff development and in-service education to learn new treatments and procedures, etc.
* Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
This outstanding opportunity in the Austin area affords you a flexible schedule, CEU budget, paid time off for both full and part time employees, medical insurance, retirement plan, flexible spending account, paid malpractice insurance and mileage reimbursement. Training is offered to those new to the field or new to the home health setting. You’ll be part of a team with access to other therapists, clinical managers and support staff.
* Graduate of an accredited school program in speech language pathology or communication disorders and hold a CCC
*A minimum of two years of experience; feeding experience
* You’ll need a clean driving record and reliable transportation
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
|Job ID :||JO-2301-15305|