Lead Special Education Teacher
|Location :||Andover, MA|
|Salary :||Depends on Experience|
PediaStaff is seeking a Lead Special Education Teacher to work with children who have moderate to significant impairments by their diagnosis in the school setting on a full-time basis. This is a specialized school located near beautiful Andover, MA, and is a unique setting for you to grow your professional skills!
*This is a contract position that has an ASAP start date. There is a permanent hire option based off performance.*
The Lead Special Education Teacher Will:
* Be responsible for providing educational instruction to assigned students in a structured classroom environment designed to promote intellectual, emotional and social growth. He or she will develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and teaching plans that are appropriate to the ages and populations served, specifically children and adolescents (ages 3-21 years) with emotional, developmental, and/or behavioral needs.
* Lead Special Education Teachers may be required to cover in the school/residential program or alternative sites as based on the needs of the program.
* Monitor student health and safety.
* Provide direct clinical and educational service skills.
* Provide leadership, communication, and training.
* Have a vast knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
* Possess clinical and educational administrative skills.
The Special Education Teacher Will Need:
Education/Training: Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Special Education. Candidates without Master’s will be considered provided they are eligible for DESE waiver by verification of enrollment in a Master’s degree in Special Education and continue to show evidence of continuous progress if hired on a
waiver until DESE licensure requirements are met.
Certifications/Licensure: Special Education certification (Severe Disabilities) issued by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). BCBA preferred. A valid US driver’s license and a minimum age of twenty-one (21) years old. Must be capable of attaining
approved Melmark driver status. Must meet Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check requirements. Successful completion of employer-provided certification in CPR, First Aid, Crisis Intervention, and Melmark’s Orientation Program and New Hire Onsite training
Skill(s): Must demonstrate strong reading, written and oral language skills. Strong teaching skills with emphasis on students who are emotionally, behaviorally, physically and/or developmentally challenged. Experience or interest in the principles and application of Applied Behavior Analysis, curriculum and special education (Autism Spectrum Disorders). Strong interpersonal skills are required.
Experience: Prefer at least two (2) years experience with specialized
Why contract instead of applying directly?
* We afford you more opportunities to work in different settings as you navigate the job market out of school with no stigma of short-term employment on your resume
* Generous travel reimbursement and per diem housing allowances let you get a jump start on your bills
* We offer clinical support in addition to supervision at the school level…so an extra set of eyes and ears to assist you through your first year
* We can fast-track your application to the hiring managers and help you get interviewed quickly
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational-based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2211-13982|