Middle School Special Education Teacher – Autism
|Location :||Greeley, CO|
|Salary :||$38.00 - $48.00/hour|
We have two wonderful full-time school opportunities north of Denver for Special Education Teachers in Autism classrooms. It’s a quick reverse commute from Denver, or live in Greeley and enjoy small-town life. The position is 37.5 hours per week for the school year. Come grow with a fantastic team of professionals, and enjoy competitive pay and benefits!
Colorado Teaching License
Experience in a related field
Provide an enriched atmosphere where students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible members of society. Facilitate learning and guide students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation. Responsible to the building principal and department director where assigned.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students;
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students;
- Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all student and staff in accordance with school and county policies;
- Ensures adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students;
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum standards, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and communicates these objectives to students;
- Uses instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives and standards;
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required;
- Diagnoses the learning abilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required;
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis;
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner;
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistants and/or volunteer(s), and works cooperatively with department heads;
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required;
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media to meet the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved;
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional standards and objectives;
- Respects students’ personal spaces throughout the day;
- Implements students’ IEP plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate;
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation;
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms;
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods;
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials;
- Accepts a share of the responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities;
- Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies;
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students;
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/division policies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding students’ information.
Additional Qualifications: Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students. Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies. Visual, auditory and ambulatory ability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Conflict management skills. Strong organizational skills. Empathetic. Positive relationship builder. Knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to perform the function of the position as outlined.
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability
- Knowledge of Colorado and district content standards.
- Knowledge and skills sufficient to perform all duties of the position.
- Prefers leadership situations relating to meeting the social, emotional, psychological and academic needs of students.
- Prefers a work environment where flexibility, ability to deal with conflict, a high tolerance for stress, an ability to quickly internalize information and make informed decisions.
Why contract instead of applying directly?
* We afford you more opportunities to work in different settings as you navigate the job market out of school with no stigma of short term employment on your resume
* Generous travel reimbursement and per diem housing allowances let you get a jump start on your bills
* We offer clinical support in addition to supervision at the school level…so an extra set of eyes and ears to assist you through your first year
* We can fast track your application to the hiring managers and help you get interviewed quickly
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational-based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2305-17255|
Would you like to apply to this job?