Part-Time Bilingual School-based Speech-Language Pathologist-SLP
|Location :||Oak Park, IL|
|Salary :||$45.00 - $50.00/hour|
Looking to use your Spanish skills to help children with Speech and Language disorders in an elementary school setting?
We’re looking for a Part-time Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist available for the remainder of 2021-22 school year in the vicinity of Oak Park, IL
- 3-4 days/week, 8-3:30 with a 30-minute duty-free lunch (7.5 hour days)
- Caseload is one school and approximately 30-35 students
- K-5th grade with the bulk of the students being K-3
- About 40% of the caseload requires bilingual support, about 25% receive therapy in only Spanish. In many cases, parents only speak Spanish regardless of the level of support the child requires, as do a few teachers.
- The areas of focus are most receptive and expressive language with plenty of articulation and about 3-4 fluency kids.
- About half of the caseload receives academic/resource support (case managed by Special Education Supervisor) and about 15 are speech/language only (case managed by the SLP
Previous school experience or experience working with pediatrics is a plus. Candidate must be bilingual in Spanish, able to converse freely with both students and parents as well as relay progress notes to parents and teachers in Spanish as necessary. Candidate must also possess an IL license to practice speech as well as a Professional Educator’s License (PEL).
PediaStaff, Inc. offers flexible staffing solutions for pediatric and educational based settings. Our expertise is backed by excellent hourly rates and per diem offered based upon IRS eligibility. Additional benefits for full-time contractors include: nationally recognized medical insurance, 401K with matching employer contributions, generous relocation and continuing education assistance, optional summer pay program, and reimbursement for state licensure and/or teacher certifications.
PediaStaff, Inc. provides 24/7-telephone support during your contract assignment – you are not alone when you are on assignment with us. In addition, we provide Clinical Resource Therapists to assist our therapists in managing their caseloads effectively. Our Clinical Resource Therapists are experienced clinicians who have excelled within their profession and are able to help you succeed. Respond now and learn how YOU can join our team! Your privacy and confidentiality are always assured, and new graduates are encouraged to apply.
|Job ID :||JO-2201-10458|