|Location :||Cambridge, MD|
|Salary :||Depends on Experience|
PediaStaff is currently accepting applications for School Psychologists for a local school district near Cambridge, MA.
The school psychologist responds to requests for school psychological services: conducts formal school psychological assessments of various target student populations for educational planning, participates in instructional and behavioral support and intervention planning, provides consultation with referral to available resources in the district and the community at large, and provides program consultation to staff and parents.
- Conduct and interpret psychological assessments of students to parents, school staff and students, as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of educational activities and behavior management programs as they relate to individual student needs.
- Meet with the IEP team to participate in eligibility determination, placement decisions, IEP development, and program reviews.
- Provide counseling services to students.
- Provide crisis intervention to school-based personnel, students and families.
- Participates in school-based prevention and intervention programs.
- Assists school officials in maintaining effective communication between students, parents, the community, and schools.
- Serve as a resource and consultant to students, staff, and parents.
- Serve on other committees, as needed, to support school and school system improvement efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has obtained a Master’s Degree; required;
- Has obtained, or is eligible for, a Standard Professional Certificate, required;
- Has obtained, is eligible for, or can demonstrate through completion of appropriate course work as working toward an endorsement as School Psychologist, as prescribed in COMAR 13A.12.03.08;
- Demonstrates knowledge of child development, learning theories, and effective teaching techniques;
- Has demonstrated leadership ability;
- Has good interpersonal communication skills;
- Has a willingness and capability to work beyond the normal workday.
Why contract instead of applying directly?
* We afford you more opportunities to work in different settings as you navigate the job market out of school with no stigma of short term employment on your resume
* Generous travel reimbursement and per diem housing allowances let you get a jump start on your bills
* We offer clinical support in addition to supervision at the school level…so an extra set of eyes and ears to assist you through your first year
* We can fast track your application to the hiring managers and help you get interviewed quickly
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational-based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2309-19956|