School Social Worker – MSW/LSW
|Location :||Capital Heights, MD|
|Salary :||Depends on Experience|
PediaStaff is seeking a Social Worker (MSW or LSW) to work with children in the school setting on a full-time basis. The school is located near beautiful Capital Heights, MD, and is a unique setting for you to grow your professional skills!
What Will You Do?
* Preparation of adaptive assessments, and social and developmental histories on students.
* Provide individual and group counseling to students.
* Conduct home visits by addressing problems in children’s living situations that affect their adjustment in school.
* Work collaboratively with all support staff and agencies to ensure students receive the most effective and consistent behavioral health and mental health services.
* Support teachers and Behavioral Intervention Specialist (BIS) in creating and maintaining effective classroom behavioral programs.
* Participate in all professional development training.
* Attend IEP meetings as needed.
* Review student assessments to write goals and objectives based on findings.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications You Need:
* Must possess at least a Master’s Degree in Social Work.
* Licensed Social Work in Maryland.
* Must be highly qualified according to the NCLB (2001) guidelines.
Why contract instead of applying directly?
* We afford you more opportunities to work in different settings as you navigate the job market out of school with no stigma of short-term employment on your resume
* Generous travel reimbursement and per diem housing allowances let you get a jump start on your bills
* We offer clinical support in addition to supervision at the school level…so an extra set of eyes and ears to assist you through your first year
* We can fast-track your application to the hiring managers and help you get interviewed quickly
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational-based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2303-16134|
Would you like to apply to this job?