Special Education Teacher – Emotional and Learning Impairments
|Location :||Capital Heights, MD|
|Salary :||Depends on Experience|
PediaStaff is seeking a Special Education Teacher to work with emotionally-/learning-impaired children in the school setting on a full-time basis. The school is located near beautiful Capital Heights, MD, and is a unique setting for you to grow your professional skills!
The Special Education Teacher Will:
* Perform varied duties including organization and provision of a program of instruction designed to meet the needs of Emotional and Learning Disabled students (ED/LD).
* Preparation of standard-based lesson plans that ensure students’ maximum time on task.
* Maintain appropriate record keeping, including but not limited to grade books, attendance, and academic progress.
* Work collaboratively with peers to integrate lessons and assist in the monitoring of behavioral and emotional plans for students.
* Participate in all professional development training. Maintain the overall school mission.
* Work collaboratively with content area teachers, related services providers, and BIS to ensure IEP goals are met.
* Assist in the planning and writing IEPs, and attend IEP Meetings.
* Work with all service providers to plan and write behavioral plans.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The Special Education Teacher Will Need:
* Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education and Core Subject Area.
* Maryland Certification/ K-12
* Must have at least 3 years of experience teaching High School.
Why contract instead of applying directly?
* We afford you more opportunities to work in different settings as you navigate the job market out of school with no stigma of short-term employment on your resume
* Generous travel reimbursement and per diem housing allowances let you get a jump start on your bills
* We offer clinical support in addition to supervision at the school level…so an extra set of eyes and ears to assist you through your first year
* We can fast-track your application to the hiring managers and help you get interviewed quickly
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational-based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2301-15430|