Special Education Teacher – SPED
|Location :||King, NC|
|Salary :||Depends on Experience|
Wonderful opportunity to work in a great place with friendly people and a very manageable caseload. PediaStaff is searching for a Special Education Teacher for a school-based contract in the King, NC area for the upcoming 2022 – 2023 school year. The Special Education Teacher will have a quite easy caseload with typical school hours and no high-needs children. New graduates will be considered.
* Under general supervision, the Special Education Teacher provides special education services to students identified as disabled in accordance with state and federal regulations
* The Special Education Teacher is responsible for developing lesson plans, adapting materials, and designing activities to meet IEP goals
* Responsible for monitoring students’ progress and for maintaining EC records.
* Responsible for the development of Individual Education Programs (IEP) for students with disabilities; implements the IEP, and uses diagnostic information obtained from tests and other
assessment procedures to update IEPs as needed
* Monitors student behavior; maintains discipline in the classroom; deescalates inappropriate behaviors; teaches students appropriate behavioral strategies; restrains students when
necessary; records and reports restrains
* Assists disabled students with their personal and self-help needs, such as eating, toileting, and other essential tasks that the students are not able to perform by themselves
* Communicates with parents regarding their children’s educational progress via periodic written progress reports
* Acts as a case coordinator for assigned students; consults with community caregivers, support professionals, and parents to better understand and meet student needs
* Maintains student records in accordance with North Carolina’s Procedures Governing Programs and Services for Children with Disabilities, and complies with state and federal education
* Follows a plan for professional development and demonstrates evidence of growth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to constantly monitor the safety and well-being of students, particularly when the student is participating in an inclusive activity
* Ability to motivate students
* Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment
* Ability to perform general clerical duties
* Ability to maintain order and discipline in the classroom
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in special education, and certification in at least one area of disability as a teacher by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational-based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2209-12873|