Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant- SLPA
|Location :||Pasadena, CA|
|Salary :||Depends on Experience|
PediaStaff is recruiting for Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants for a company that is focused on managing the special education programs in schools. These are year-round positions in the Pasadena and West LA, CA areas. This position offers a lot of flexibility with schedules, compensation, etc and when the school year is over you can work in the office doing virtual treatments, planning, etc. New grads will be considered! Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
If you are looking for a fun, start-up work culture including multiple opportunities for professional growth this might be for you!
* The Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant will typically work either in our corporate office or at one of our program locations to either directly or indirectly support special education program goals and objectives
* Speech Language Pathologist Assistant assists in providing educational speech therapy services to students with speech-language disorders and impairments as prescribed by the Individual Educational Program (IEP)
* The Speech Language Pathologist Assistant will prepare and conduct therapy activities involving picture cards, worksheets, charts, games, and the utilization of computerized therapy applications and devices that facilitate the achievement of speech and language goals as documented in the treatment plans or protocols
* Prepares augmented alternative communication software, devices, and/or equipment and assists students with their use in the classroom and in therapy activities
* Documents student progress towards meeting IEP goals and objectives by preparing charts, records, graphs, assessment, and screening notes, or other informal documentation
* Assists the Speech-Language Pathologist during speech-language and hearing assessments and screenings of students without clinical interpretation by using and preparing designated materials and tools such as flashcards, bells, whistles, and other related items
* Adapt and modify instructional materials as determined by student needs for teachers’ use in the classroom
* Attend and participate in in-service training sessions, workshops, and staff meetings
* The Speech Language Pathologist Assistant will maintain student progress records as required
* Travel to multiple school sites within Los Angeles County may be required
As an innovation – KPI-based quarterly and yearly bonuses in addition to excellent salaries for all therapy staff. The employer also pays for CEUs, conference registrations, professional development, car, and phone allowance, and laptops, among a host of other customized perks.
* Associate degree in and/or graduation from a Speech-Language Pathology assistant certificate program, OR have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders with a minimum of 70 hours of fieldwork/clinical experience from a Board-approved program.
* Hold a current Speech Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) license
* A valid California driver’s license and the availability of private transportation or the ability to obtain transportation between job sites are required
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2208-12155|