Speech-Language Pathologist – SLP
|Location :||Los Angeles, CA|
|Salary :||$60.00 - $70.00/hour|
If you prefer to be treated as a teammate and not as an employee, this may be the job for you!
PediaStaff is recruiting an SLP for a pediatric clinic in West Los Angeles, CA with a mission to embrace the difference of young children and provide them with various outlets for growth and improvements. The program is comprised of an infant development program, pediatric occupational therapy, pediatric physical therapy, and pediatric speech and language therapy.
They embrace the importance of team collaboration and embrace the input of each team member, in order to grow as a cohesive unit.
* The Speech-Language Pathologist will direct services in-clinic with infants and toddlers where you will play a key role in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating a broad range of communication and swallowing disorders
* Communicates with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
* Determines the extent of communication problems by giving standardized tests or basic reading and vocalizing tasks
* Identifies treatment options and creates and carries out individualized treatment plans
* Works with patients to increase their ability to read and write
* Teaches alternative communication methods, such as sign language, to patients with limited or no speech capability
* Teaches patients how to make sounds and improve their voices
* Works with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
* Works with children who have inappropriate pitch or tone
* Counsels families and patients on how to cope with communication disorders
* Helps with speech cadence and fluency
* Health insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Tuition reimbursement
* Mileage reimbursement, etc
* You will hold a Master’s Degree in Communications Sciences Disorders or Speech-Language Pathology, and a current state license (or be eligible for same)
* Must be a licensed SLP in California
* MUST RESIDE IN L.A. County and must be licensed in all jurisdictions
* MUST HAVE AT LEAST 24 MONTHS prior experience working with infants and toddlers
* Bi-lingual(Spanish) is preferred
* Must be willing to commit long term
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2305-17618|
Would you like to apply to this job?