Pediatric Occupational Therapist – OT
|Location :||Wilmington, NC|
We are searching for an OT for an established pediatric clinic in Wilmington, NC. Wilmington is an awesome beach town that is continually growing and attracting many new people to the area all the time and has become a culturally blooming city amidst a relaxed coastal community.
New graduates are encouraged to apply!
* The Occupational Therapist will treat children ages 0 – 17 in clinic, homes, daycares, and school settings
* Diagnosis includes Autism, developmental delays, feeding, and oral motor problems, behavioral and sensory processing disorders
* Provide feedback, training, and education/HEP
* Monitor and prepare reports that detail client progress such as daily notes, evaluations/re-evaluations, plan of care updates, and discharges using the documentation program ClinicSource
* Conduct parent interviews, use clinical observation, perform/analyze assessments (such as the Peabody Developmental Motor Scales, Beery-Buktenica Developmental Test
of Visual-Motor Integration, Wide Range Assessment of Visual Motor Abilities, Sensory Processing Measure, etc.) to develop written evaluation reports and goals based on client needs
* Provide training and supervision in therapy techniques and theories for COTAs and students
* Clean therapy supplies/equipment and clean up the area after each day’s use
* Collaborate with parents, teachers, and other professionals to identify needs and appropriate interventions to provide best practices
* Maintain weekly schedules adding make-ups or filling gaps where/when needed to keep the schedule full and notify the supervisor of changes
* A full-time employee is defined as one who works a minimum of 36 hours per week. Per visit, staff are deemed full-time status when scheduled for 36 visits and maintain an
average of 32 completed visits per week
Full-time employees will receive:
* Group Health and Dental benefits with 60% premiums paid by the employer
* Gas reimbursement at 40 cents/mile (Travel to and from your first and last client of the day is not covered.)
* Liability insurance
* Paid lunch break of .5 when working at least an 8-hour day (for full-time hourly employees only)
* Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrued at a rate of 2 hours per 40 hours worked (Accrual begins following 90 days of full-time status. Must be used by your
annual each year or you will lose it).
* Continuing Education of $200.00 annually (following submission of class completion and reimbursement document)
* Stipend for supervising an OT student of $400.00
* Stipend for supervising an OTA student of $200.00
* OT State license reimbursement
Qualifications: You will need to hold a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Occupational Therapy, and a current state license (or be eligible for same).
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2306-17736|
Would you like to apply to this job?