Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist – SLP
|Location :||Sun Valley, CA|
Are you a Speech-Language Pathologist looking for a part or full-time position (20-40 hours) per week in an inpatient subacute facility? This is a rare setting, the only one of its kind in CA working with children ages 0 – 21. Experienced preferred but will consider a strong new graduate – must have your CCCs. We are not able to bring on a CFY at this time.
* The Speech-Language Pathologist will work in an acute facility and outpatient rehabilitation center that provides pediatric speech, occupational, and physical therapies
* You will gain experience working with trach and vent and varied diagnosis
* Performs evaluations, sets appropriate goals, and provides quality speech therapy to clients
* Supervises and supports SLPAs according to state guidelines
* Builds and maintains rapport with family members, and provides parent/caregiver education as needed
* Communicates and collaborates with other team members about speech therapy services
* Completes professional documentation, from evaluation/progress reports to daily notes
* Participates in multidisciplinary Plan of Care documentation and care conferences as requested
* Enters appropriate billing for patient services into the electronic medical system
* The Speech-Language Pathologist develops, writes, and instructs patients and families in therapy home programs
* Assists in the orientation and training of other staff members
* Assists in projects related to the development of clinical programs and/or accomplishment of department goals
* Will provide supervision/mentorship for outpatient SLPAs
* Full-time status is 36-40 hours per week. The schedule is flexible, make your own. Hours may be split into 4, 6, 8, or 10-hour days
* Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, paid time for CEUs
* Masters Degree
* Current CA SLP license
* ASHA Certification of Clinical Competence
* Must clock in 20 – 40 hours a week of your choice
* Experience with the pediatric population is highly preferred, but not required
* Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not required
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
|Job ID :||JO-2304-16809|
Would you like to apply to this job?