by Natalie Lopez, DPT
I was inspired to write this post because one of my patients has a number of toy trains and toy train accessories that I have managed to incorporate into our treatment sessions.
Why do I love toy trains?
- It’s a toy with a lot of pieces (which I love for doing practicing any gross motor skill!)
- They can be connected to each other which is a spin off of stacking blocks and a little easier if you’re doing a balancing task
- They can be a universal toy for both boys and girls
- Thomas the Train continues to be a popular toy that kids like to play with
- Is a toy that can be used for kids who aren’t walking yet as well as for kids who are running around
- different toy trains are made to be used for all ages
- great toys to use for cooperative play and teamwork Continue reading