Hot, New Job! School-Based Occupational Therapist – Chicago, IL
Call Today at 866-733-4278 or text us at 662-524-9099
Are you looking for a position working in a school? We have what you are looking for! Occupational Therapist needed 24 hours/wk (3 days/wk) starting ASAP at a year-round school in Chicago.
* Located in Chicago
* Modern amenities, you’ll have a dedicated room to work with your kiddos
* You’ll participate as a team member in staff meetings
* Work days are yours to choose
* Caseload consists of 8-10 kids who have a primary diagnosis of ED or autism
* Age range is 5th-12th grade
* IEP meetings
This is a year-round school with limited hours over the summer and a two-week break at the end of August. Normal school year hours are 8:15-4pm. This private school prides itself on great relationships among staff members, parents, and students. You’ll work with the kids primarily on social skills, conversation; pragmatic based. The right candidate will have some pediatric experience, especially with these types of dx along with an approach that is patient, persistent and non-reactive. They provide onsite CPR certification, first aid, and therapeutic crisis intervention.
Qualifications: Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Occupational Therapy and a current state license (or be eligible for same).
Must be extremely proficient in the writing of reports and will be required to provide a writing sample to the school after the 1st interview
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.