Autism Corner: Effective Interventions for Problem Behaviors in Children on the Autism Spectrum
[Source: My Aspergers Child]
In order to create an effective intervention for problem behaviors in children with Asperger’s (AS) and High-Functioning Autism (HFA), parents need to take into consideration a variety of aspects.
Let’s first look at “The 4-Step Plan”:
- Hypothesize the Function of the Behavior:
- Sensory Feedback
- Social Attention
- Wants tangible item or activity
- Gather Information:
- Antecedent: Does the behavior occur…
- Following a request to perform a difficult task?
- Repeatedly, in the same way, for long periods of time, even when no one is around?
- When a request for an item or activity is denied?
- When you are attending to other children in the room?
Read the Rest of this Article on My Aspergers Child
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.