Hot, New Job! Pediatric Assistive Technology OT – Washington, DC
Do you love working with Assistive Technology? This children’s specialty hospital is seeking an Occupational Therapist to be responsible for assisting pediatric patients to provide Durable Medical Equipment, orthotics, splinting and casting.
* Children’s specialty hospital provides services to children from infancy through age 21 in inpatient and outpatient settings
* This family-centered medical facility provides a variety of therapy services to meet the child’s needs
* OT will complete necessary documentation, evaluating and casting patients for orthotics, evaluating for and fabricating custom splints and equipment modifications and assisting with/performing serial casting
* The Occupational Therapist will need to have experience with durable medical equipment, orthotics and/or splinting and casting
* The Occupational Therapist will need to have working knowledge of the principles of pediatric therapy to include knowledge of growth and development, and diseases and disabilities.
* OT will report to the OPED/Assistive Technology Department
Qualifications: You will need to hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Occupational Therapy and a current DC and/or MD license (or be eligible for same).
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Domestic Partner Benefits/Same-Sex Marriage
* Flex Medical Spending Accounts; Dependent Flex Medical Spending Accounts
* 403(b) Investment Plan (contributory and non-contributory)
* Annual Leave, Holidays and Floating Days
* Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
* Optional Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Tuition Assistance
* Credit Union, Health Advocate, ID Watchdog – Identity Theft Services, SmartBenefits (Metro/Parking):
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.