Hot, New Job! Peds Hospital Psychology Dept. Director – Washington, DC
We are seeking a Pediatric Hospital Psychology Department Director for a children’s specialty hospital in Washington, DC, that provides services to children from infancy through age 21 in inpatient and outpatient settings. This family-centered medical facility provides a variety of therapy services to meet the child’s needs.
* Pediatric Clinical Psychology Department Director will oversee behavioral staff and provide patient assessments/treatment
* Manager will oversee and travel between two locations in Washington, DC and Rockville, MD
* Inpatient services provide care for children who are leaving a traditional hospital and aren’t quite ready to be cared for at home
* Outpatient services allow children to continue therapy services without interruption
* Pediatric psychologists are a part of each child’s inpatient medical team and attend to their emotional, behavioral, social, and developmental needs
* Pediatric psychologists consult regularly with other members of each child’s medical team, including physicians, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech/language therapists, nutritionists, case managers, recreation specialist and child life specialists
* Hospital specializes in traumatic injuries and burns; wound care; premature infants; developmental disabilities; feeding difficulties; heart and lung diseases; ventilator-dependency, and many other medically complex health conditions.
Qualifications: You will need to hold a Doctoral degree in Psychology from an APA approved graduate program, a pre or postdoctoral internship. and a current DC state license (or be eligible for same). The candidate will have at least 5 years post-doctoral experience and the ability to function in a transdisciplinary setting. Some staff mentorship and program development experience.
Will need to be licensed by the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs and or the Maryland Department of Health Licensing Board.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Domestic Partner Benefits/Same-Sex Marriage
* Flex Medical Spending Accounts; Dependent Flex Medical Spending Accounts
* 403(b) Investment Plan (contributory and non-contributory)
* Annual Leave, Holidays and Floating Days
* Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
* Optional Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Tuition Assistance
* Credit Union, Health Advocate, ID Watchdog – Identity Theft Services, SmartBenefits (Metro/Parking):
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!