Hot, New Job! School Psychologist – Phoenix, AZ
Are you interested in a position where you can motivate and encourage students to want to learn and make a difference in the life of a child?
PediaStaff is searching for a School Psychologist to work at a unified school district in the Phoenix, AZ area. The School Psychologist is a full- time position and you can start work through the 2019-2020 school year.
Under general direction, you will provide psychological services to include evaluation, consultation and program development to benefit students and their families who require special education or are at risk.
* The School Psychologist administers and interprets a wide range of individualized standardized assessment instruments in all psychological domains
* The School Psychologists will be competent in guiding other staff in the administration of achievement tests
* Data-based decision making and accountability: Psychologists will make certain that curriculum-based assessment is collected by the Service Coordinators as part of the assessment and will consult with service coordinators, when needed, in collecting such data
* Evaluates adaptive behavior of children, when appropriate, through the use of the Vineland Social Maturity Scales, Adaptive Behavior Assessment System II, or other appropriate adaptive behavior instruments
* Diagnoses a full range of educational (learning), psychological, and mental disorders in children utilizing the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association
* Consults and collaborates at the individual family group and systems level. Participates in staff meetings pertaining to students of interest on their campus.
* Other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor
* Master’s degree in Psychology
* Valid Arizona Department of Education School Psychologist Certificate
* State Psychologist Certification.
* Experience in the areas of learning disabilities, emotionally handicapped, and intellectually disabled students in a psycho-educational setting
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.