Hot, New Job: School Psychologist, Worcester, MA
We are searching for a school psychologist for a contract assignment beginning as soon as possible and ending in June. The psychologist will work with students from PreK – post-secondary. Primary duties include:
* Work to support the success of students academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally
* Collaborate with educators, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community for all students
* Identify and assess the learning, development, and adjustment characteristics and needs of individuals and groups, as well as, the environmental factors that affect learning
* Provide interventions to students to support the teaching process and to maximize learning and adjustment
New grads are welcome to apply.
Located about an hour from Boston, Worcester offers affordable housing, green parks, quality hospitals, as well as proximity to a dozen highly esteemed colleges and universities. There is a unique vitality to this metro area – it provides an excellent cultural life, including amazing restaurants, concert and theatre venues and the Worcester Art Museum, which houses original works by Monet, Gauguin and Degas. You may hear locals refer to their home as “Wormtown,” a nod to Worcester’s underground music scene. During the winter, residents can head to the charming outdoor ice skating rink at the Worcester Common Oval behind the historic City Hall. Also, the metro area rings in the new year with the annual arts and culture celebration First Night Worcester. In warmer months, there are outdoor concerts, farmers markets and the approximately 495 acres of parks to enjoy. Foodies have an array of restaurants to choose from, and Thursdays bring even more choices as food trucks converge downtown.
Qualifications: You will need to have a Master’s degree in School Psychology and a license in the State of Massachusetts.
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.