It’s Stress Awareness Month: 25 Fun Mindfulness Activities For Kids
Editor’s Note: It’s Stress Awareness Month. Here is a great post we found from Positively Psychology
Mindfulness can add to the quality of our lives in numerous ways, from nurturing a sense of inner peace to improving the quality of a workout, from enhancing self-confidence to facilitating deeper and more meaningful relationships with others.
In children specifically, mindfulness has been found to:
- mitigate the effects of bullying (Zhou, Liu, Niu, Sun, & Fan, 2016)
- enhance focus in children with ADHD (Zhang et al., 2016)
- reduce attention problems (Crescentini, Capurso, Furlan, & Fabbro, 2016).
- improving mental health and wellbeing
- improve social skills when well taught and practiced in children and adolescents.
It’s important for caregivers and educators to provide age-appropriate mindfulness practices for children.
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.