School Psychologist – Phoenix, AZ
Call Today at 866-733-4278 or text us at 662-524-9099
Are you interested in a position where you can motivate and encourage students to want to learn and make a difference in the life of a child?
PediaStaff is searching for a Lead School Psychologist to work at two schools in the Phoenix, AZ area. The School Psychologist is a full- time position and you can start work through the 2019-2020 school year.
Under general direction, you will provide psychological services to include evaluation, consultation and program development to benefit students and their families who require special education or are at risk. The caseload is 60 – 70 evals at 2 schools and they use the contemporary mode which uses strengths and weaknesses. Also, since they are a large school they have a lot of options for students. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
* The School Psychologist will evaluate students for special education eligibility including diagnosing emotional, behavioral, learning and attention problems and determining the appropriate placement or intervention method
* The School Psychologist will counsel students on issues such as drug abuse, physical abuse, school behavior and motivation and determines which concerns the school can handle and which need to be referred to outside agencies
* Writes comprehensive evaluation reports with the Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team.
* The School Psychologist will consult with teachers and parents in order to provide intervention techniques and methods in helping students to be more successful in school and in dealing with family problems
* Attends staff, professional and agency meetings in order to discuss student needs, referral availability and intervention methods
* The School Psychologist will provide in-service training on behavioral techniques and processes including determining the audience and the most effective presentation method
* The School Psychologist will lead school teams through the process of completing Functional Behavior Assessments using researched-based practices
* Supports school teams in the development and implementation of formal and informal Behavior Intervention Plans
* The School Psychologist will work with others in developing programs for students needing special education or students at risk including determining staff, materials and dates and observing programs for effectiveness.
* Master’s degree in Psychology
* Valid Arizona Department of Education Psychologist Certificate
* At least one year of school psychology experience
* Valid Arizona State Psychology Licensure
* Valid National Certificate for School Psychology
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.