SLP Corner: Speech Therapy Activities for Cooking
[Source: Speech Therapy Talk]
Working on speech and language skills at home doesn’t have to be time consuming or difficult. Check out our speech therapy activities cooking for some easy tips below.
Vocabulary: Toddler to Early Elementary
- Measure: Measure out ingredients. Talk about how measuring tells us how much we need of something.
- Scoop: Scoop out the ingredients while using the word in a sentence.
- Stir: Children love to stir. Have them use “stir” in a sentence to request a turn!
- Slice: Discuss and show the difference between chopping and slicing.
- Timer: Set a timer. Talk about the time, what it means, and what to do when it beeps.
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.