Book: Early Intervention Games
Barbara Sher, an expert occupational therapist and teacher, has written a handy resource filled with games to play with young children who have Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or other sensory processing disorders (SPD). The games are designed to help children feel comfortable in social situations and teach other basic lessons including beginning and end, spatial relationships, hand-eye coordination, and more. Games can also be used in regular classrooms to encourage inclusion.
- A collection of fun, simple games that can improve the lives of children with ASD or other SPDs.
- Games can be played by parents or teachers and with individual children or groups.
- Games are designed to make children more comfortable in social situations and to develop motor and language skills
- Also included are a variety of interactive games to play in water, whether in a backyard kiddie pool, community swimming pool, or lake
- All the games are easy-to-do, utilizing common, inexpensive materials, and include several variations and modifications.
Read More About this Book and/or Order from Amazon.com
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.