Hot, New Job: School-Based SLP and SLPA – Boston, MA
We are searching for a speech-language pathologist for a part-time contract assignment in a private school setting located about 25 minutes southeast of Boston. The therapist will work 3 days/week, up to 7 hours/day. This assignment begins as soon as possible and ends the first week of August.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
* Work with children ages 3-21 who face complex challenges and have unique learning needs
* Recognize the potential in these students through a personalized approach to special education
* Together with families, teachers, a team of therapists and nursing staff, you will work across disciplines to create a supportive and welcoming environment where every student can thrive and shine
As a speech-language pathologist at our school, you will help:
* Facilitate the full expression of each student, through the use of a total communication approach—from vocalizations to gestures, sign language and aided forms
* Develop and support an individualized communication system that is embedded into each student’s daily routine, at school and at home, to promote communication in all aspects of their lives
The students on this caseload typically have multiple disabilities and lack functional speech capabilities. Ideal candidates will have experience using augmentative communication tools (such as picture symbols, objects, digital photographs, iPads, Tobi’s, PODDs, and personal communication devices) to help students participate in educational and leisure activities, socialize with staff and friends and communicate wants and needs.
Qualifications: You will need to have a Masters Degree in Communications Sciences Disorders, or Speech-Language Pathology; and a current state license (or be eligible for same).
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.