Hot Job: Special Education Teacher – Chicago, IL
We are looking for a Special Education teacher that is qualified to teach in the secondary level. This teacher is needed long term to work with high school students with severe social-emotional problems in a self-contained classroom in a school located in the Woodlawn area just south of the city of Chicago.
* Position starts as soon as possible and lasts through the remainder of SY 2017-18
* Caseload is 10-12 students in grades 9th-12th
* Hours are 8:30-4:00 Monday-Friday
* Develop appropriate lesson plans that accommodate the range of learning styles and specialized needs of students
* Create a positive learning environment that encourages social interaction, active engagement, and self-motivation
* Must document progress on academic and social-emotional goals and objectives
* Keep maintain the Individual Education Programs (IEP’s), and records mandated by regulation and district policy
Qualifications: Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Master’s preferred) and Special Education teaching certification
PediaStaff, Inc. offers flexible staffing solutions for pediatric and educational based settings. Our expertise is backed by excellent hourly rates and per diem offered based upon IRS eligibility. Additional benefits for full-time contractors include: nationally recognized medical insurance, 401K with matching employer contributions, generous relocation and continuing education assistance, optional summer pay program, and reimbursement for state licensure and/or teacher certifications.
PediaStaff, Inc. provides 24/7-telephone support during your contract assignment – you are not alone when you are on assignment with us. In addition, we provide Clinical Resource Therapists to assist our therapists in managing their caseloads effectively. Our Clinical Resource Therapists are experienced clinicians who have excelled within their profession and are able to help you succeed. Respond now and learn how YOU can join our team! Your privacy and confidentiality are always assured, and new graduates are encouraged to apply.
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.