Autism Corner: Personality Types in Asperger’s: Fixated, Disruptive, Approach and Avoidant
[Source: My Aspergers Child]
Fixated Personality–The fixated personality type can be characterized by a preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and the need to control one’s environment (e.g., to have things in a particular order).
- compulsion to make lists and/or schedules
- feelings of excessive doubt and caution
- obsessive need for cleanliness
- perfectionism (that may sometimes interfere with task-completion)
- preoccupation with order and organization
- preoccupation with remembering and paying attention to minute details and facts
- rigid following of rules and regulations
- rigidity or inflexibility of beliefs
- unreasonable insistence that others submit to his way of doing things
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.