Hot Job: Special Education Teacher – Phoenix, AZ
Are you interested in a position where you can motivate and encourage students to want to learn and make a difference in the life of a child?
PediaStaff is searching for a Special Education Teacher to work at a unified school district in the Phoenix, AZ area. The Special Education Teacher is a full- time position and you can start work through the 2019-2020 school year.
Under general direction, you will provide services to include evaluation, consultation and program development to benefit students and their families who require special education or are at risk.
* The Special Education Teacher will be working with students from mild/moderate to severe profound disabilities
* This is a full-time position
* Administers appropriate assessments to students to evaluate skill level, progress and achievement, when necessary or at the direction of the psychologist or support specialist.
* The Special Education Teacher will develop and implement student Individual Education Plans
* Develops materials and behavioral management strategies which will enable more effective learning
* Supervises and evaluates any assigned paraprofessionals or aides
* Collects and produces data regarding IEP progress toward goals, and sends a copy of the progress toward goals home to parents on a quarterly basis
* Provide a positive environment
* Valid Arizona Special Education teaching certificate with valid approved area(s): Cross Categorical and/or Special Ed. Certificate with LD & ED approved areas
* Must have a background working with students with mild to moderate disabilities
* Must attain SEI endorsement as required by Arizona Department of Education
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
* Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
* We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
* You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
* Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
PediaStaff is a WBENC National WBE Certified women-owned business.
…IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICES!
PediaStaff is Hiring!All Jobs
PediaStaff hires pediatric and school-based professionals nationwide for contract assignments of 2 to 12 months. We also help clinics, hospitals, schools, and home health agencies to find and hire these professionals directly. We work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, and others in pediatric therapy and education.